I had a lot grander ideas for this year's entry, but time and life got the better of me. However, I decided to channel the renewal theme into an upcycling element and challenge myself to make something from what I had. I bought nothing new for this design: the striped fabric was gifted to me a while ago and everything has been sitting in my stash for a long time. I decided to add the lace to break up the stripes and give it a softer look. The name comes from the fabric reminding me of American nurse's uniforms which were fondly called 'Candy Stripes'.
The basis of the corset is a simple underbust pattern that I have drafted myself and use often. I used a herringbone tape to create the boning channels externally but on the inside of the corset. I was originally going to drape the lace as one piece over the corset but in the end decided to use individual motifs. It isn't as elaborate as I would have hoped and there are a few perfectionist details that are annoying me, but the shaping is beautiful and I love the colours.
White coutil, pink and white poly cotton, silver lace, black herringbone twill tape, spiral and flat steel boning, silver eyelets, white satin ribbon.