FOUNDATIONS REVEALED CONTEST 2024
Into Another World
Most of us have imagined escaping into other worlds. These might be the worlds of stories that seemed to leap right off the page, or magical places we’ve dreamt up ourselves. For this theme, take inspiration from fantasy of the past and present: whether from fairytales, folktales, and local legends or from an imagined world all of your own.
This year we’re inviting you to let your imagination run wild. Create a single garment or a whole outfit inspired by your favourite games, books, myths, or films, or create an entirely new world to base your entry on. We ask that all entries adhere to our Diversity and Inclusion policy and our Website Terms And Conditions
FR CONTEST 2024: Entrants Pack
placements and prizes
1st place in each skill category
- $400 gift certificate for the online store(s) of your choice
- A year's free Academy membership to Foundations Revealed.
- Specially designed 'Winner' icon to use on your website or social media profile
2nd place in each skill category
- $200 gift certificate for the online store(s) of your choice
- 6 months' free Academy membership to Foundations Revealed.
- Specially designed '2nd place' icon to use on your website or social media profile
3rd place in each skill category
- $100 gift certificate for the online store of your choice
- 3 months' free Academy membership to Foundations Revealed.
- Specially designed ‘3rd place’ icon to use on your website or social media profile.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT ENTERING THE CONTEST
For anyone on the fence next year, I would say that simply making the time for yourself to make something for the contest is an act of self-care… no matter the result, that's always a worthwhile thing.
Do it! It's fabulous!
It has been exhilarating to enter the competition and work on my entry. I would like everyone who is on the fence about entering to be bold.
To allow themselves to create, without censoring their creative brain. To be brave and share their work.
It's been an amazing journey, with friends along the way… This feels much more like joining an exhibition than competing. Go for it!
It has been a challenging learning experience and a great opportunity to think outside the box and grow as a maker… Go go go!