Diversity, Inclusion, Cohesion & Equity Statement
Foundations Revealed & Harman Hay Publications Ltd are committed to working towards diversity, inclusion, cohesion and equity (DICE). We believe that everyone of any background can enjoy researching, making and wearing costumes, corsetry and historic clothing.
We believe that this is a journey of continual and committed improvement.
Our current goals include:
- Ensuring all team members are trained in Diversity, Inclusion, Cohesion and Equity.
- Embedding DICE into all processes and practices, including specific DICE clauses in all contracts.
- Ensuring that in our membership communities there is an inclusive culture of tolerance and understanding between all members.
- Reducing or mitigating unconscious bias from our processes, including the annual Foundations Revealed competition.
- Continuing to respect individuals’ gender identities and their pronouns.
- Continuing to have a zero-tolerance approach within our membership communities to discriminatory behaviour over the UK protected characteristics of race, sex, gender reassignment, disability, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
- Collection of data relating to diversity to better assess the impact of our actions.
- Ensuring that our social media, marketing and newsletters reflect the diverse community we serve.
- Improving the accessibility of our website and communications.
- Engaging with more writers and makers from under-represented groups: in particular, non-white ethnic, transgender, and male makers.
- Ensuring that the language and content of the educational materials we publish adhere to and promote the principles of DICE
- Ensuring any content submitted to be published on our website does not contain symbols of hatred, oppression, or discrimination.